Friday 30 August 2013

I’ve never been particularly religious myself, but this is what religion is supposed to be about

http://www.upworthy.com/muslim-america-rocks?c=bl3

Whenever someone associates Islam with killing in conversation I tell them off; I've known some very kind and friendly Muslims in my life, people I've done charity work with and people who've encouraged me in the charity work that I've done.
A few days ago I posted a picture on my professional Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AllanMcleodOnline) of a group on Muslim’s surrounding a church during mass so the Christians inside could pray in safety and a group of Christians surrounding Muslims so they could pray in peace. And here it is, the final proof that Islam is not about killing, violence and patriarchal dominance:
I've never been particularly religious myself but I will defend people who are if it makes them a better person.
Somehow ‘I told you so’ doesn’t quite say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment